Chocolate Chunk Sunbutter Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sunbutter
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup @glowflowchefs bliss cacao blend
- 3 1/2 ounces/100g dark chocolate (70% or higher), roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups raw, unsalted shelled sunflower seeds or sub pumpkin seeds or another nut
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and vanilla. Add the sunbutter and mix together. Add the maple syrup, baking soda, and salt and fold together. Sift in the cacao blend and stir to incorporate. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Place the seeds in a different bowl. Wet your hands with water. Divide the dough into roughly 20 portions and roll them into your desired shape (a ball, an oval, etc.).
- Drop the balls into the bowl of seeds and roll to coat them in the seeds. Flatten in the balls out some and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, until they have risen. Let them cool before serving. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
*recipe adapted from My New Roots Naturally Nourished cookbook
Shop the Recipe: