Sweet Almond Butter Dipping Sauce for Apples
Created by Amy Jones on January 9, 2017
A great afternoon snack that will keep you satisfied and help your brain keep working. The addition of the coconut oil — due to Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), the primary fat found in it — gives your brain the boost it needs, plus it works as a natural anti-inflammatory and helps destroy bad bacteria in your gut.
- Yield: 1 or 2 people
- 1 apple, sliced for dipping
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or bullet proof MCT oil)
- 1 teaspoon maca
- 2 teaspoons carob
- 1 teaspoon lucuma
- optional: pinch of vanilla, pinch of cinnamon, pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients except the sliced apple to a small dish. Stir vigorously to mix all ingredients together.
- Dip the sliced apples in the brain boosting, anti-inflammatory and gut healing dip.