Paleo ~ Gluten-Free ~ Dairy-Free ~ Raw
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake with Lemon
Created by Amy Jones on February 11, 2017
Perfect for a dinner party treat. Although it looks a bit overwhelming by the looks of the ingredients, it’s actually simple and quick to make if you have a good food processor and blender. Try both ways – one with the strawberry poured on top to serve and two, with the strawberry sauce frozen on-top…
- Yield: 8-16 people
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates, firmly packed in a measuring cup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full-fat
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey or yacon root syrup
- 3 cups cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1 teaspoon liquid vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Baobab powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Strawberry Sauce:
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, firmly packed in a measuring cup
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid vanilla extract or 1/8 teaspoon vanilla powder
- pinch of sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (optional)
- Grease a spring pan with coconut oil
- Put the almonds, salt and dates into your food processor. Process until the almonds are all crushed and mixture is sticking together turning a bit moist.
- Remove the crust and smush it on the bottom of the spring pan.
- Now, make the filling. Add all the ingredients to a blender, except the poppy seeds and process until smooth and creamy. Once, the mixture has reached your desired consistency, add the poppy seeds and process for a few seconds so they are incorporated into the mix.
- Pour the filling over the crust and place in the freezer to harden for 6 or so hours.
- Now, make the strawberry sauce. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until the sauce has reached your desired consistency. Don't over-blend as you don't want the sauce to get too liquidy.
- Before serving, remove the cake from the freezer 30 minutes before and place in the refrigerator to defrost.
- To serve, remove the spring pan sides and slice the cake into 8 large slices or 16 thin slices. Pour 2 tbsp or so of the strawberry sauce over each piece and top with strawberries and lemon zest.
- *Another option is to pour the strawberry sauce on top of the filling and leave to freeze.