Moo Shu Vegetables
Created by Amy Jones on April 7, 2017
Some nights you simply want Asian. This Asian, stir-fry dish is very simple to make, and it completely satisfies the Asian food craving.
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons Bragg\'s Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 large head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- Romaine lettuce leaves for serving
- Cilantro, for ganish
- Lime, for garnish
- Heat ½ tablespoon of the sesame oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring to break them up. Scrape eggs into a bowl and wipe pan clean.
- Add another 1 tbsp sesame oil to the pan. Stir-fry mushrooms until browned.
- Add 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil to the mushrooms. Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add cabbage and carrots and stir-fry another 1-2 minutes. Stir in braggs liquid aminos and rice vinegar and continue stir-frying until vegetables are tender. Add green onions and cooked eggs and remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon equal amounts of the stir fry and egg scramble into the romaine lettuce leaves. Top lettuce with vegetable and egg mixture. Or eat alone as a salad. Garnish with cilantro and a lime wedge.