Emily’s Famous Avocado Toast
Created by Amy Jones on February 17, 2017
Who doesn’t love avocado toast? For lunch or a snack, it’s the perfect indulgence. Plus, it’s good for you! This version is loaded with healthy fats and will leave you wanting another slice. The recipe may make more than you need for 1 slice of bread, but just use the leftover for dipping crackers or…
For the Avocado Mash
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (we love using truffle salt)
- cracked black pepper
For the Toast
- 1 piece of sourdough toast
- organic extra virgin olive oil, drizzled on top of toasted bread
- handful activated pumpkin seeds
- black sesame seeds, sprinkled on top
- white sesame seeds, sprinkled on top
- pinch of smoked paprika
- Toast the bread.
- Combine all avocado mash ingredients in a bowl and mash together with a fork.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the toasted bread.
- Plop avocado mash on top of the toast and spread across the toast. You want a thick layer of avocado mash.
- Sprinkle a handful of activated pumpkin seeds on top of mash.
- Sprinkle white and black sesame seeds on top.
- Lightly sprinkle smoked paprika on top.
- Drizzle more olive oil on top of the mash, if desire.